Organizations, regardless of size, chase after the same dream – brand recognition. You might think you have a great product, excellent customer service, and a thriving company culture, but how do you know for sure? To strengthen your brand, you need proof from a credible outside source. Employer recognition awards are more than a plaque on a wall or a trophy on a shelf. Recognition awards demonstrate legitimacy and credibility. They show that an organization can hold their own with the best in the industry and that they are innovative leaders in their communities and beyond. Employer branding and recognition awards come in a variety of forms, from local and national honors to industry excellence and categories that focus on relevant topics such as inclusivity and diversity. To have the best chances of success at being named “best company to work for”, a Top Workplace, or any other recognition, be sure to research which categories best suit your organization’s goals before you start the application process.
Benefits of Employer AwardsWinning workplace culture awards give your organization something to celebrate, a sense of pride, and a much-needed morale boost. But they also offer a host of other benefits, including:
- Credibility: Nothing shows your organization knows its stuff more than winning an award. Workplace culture awards banish potential employee uncertainty, and best employer awards can establish a sense of trustworthiness and stability.
- Media exposure: Winning an employer award gives you bragging rights and the ability to boost networking, sponsorship, and engagement with prospective consumers and other organizations.
- Recruitment: People want to be part of a winning team. Employer awards attract top talent and ensure employee retention remains high.
- Performance: Workplace culture awards that recognize the importance of employee engagement have a positive impact on company performance. Engaged employees give their best each day and they’re committed to achieving company goals at a higher rate than employees who are not engaged.
Awards and Employer BrandingEmployer awards, including Top Workplaces, place an organization in a position of strength now and in the future. Awards communicate a high level of investment and a desire to exceed the norm – something that can do wonders for branding efforts. The benefits of a strong brand are numerous, but they equate to more than higher revenue. Top Workplaces also experience higher:
- Visibility: Promote your brand with little effort – the award speaks volumes in the local community and across the nation.
- Employee engagement: An engaged workforce is committed to the organization’s best interest.
- Employee morale: Awards recognize hard work and make employees feel appreciated. This boosts morale and gives employees a sense of satisfaction in the work they do.
How Do Awards Help Companies with Recruitment?Organizations that are invested in their company culture recognize that employees are at the heart of their organization’s success story. Keeping top talent for the long haul is a major undertaking in and of itself, but it can begin with a better understanding of how awards impact recruiting. Energage data shows that 44% — nearly half — of employees at average companies admit they’ve searched for a better job than they currently have. Compare that to just 14% of employees at Top Workplaces who say they are actively seeking a new position. Awards have a strong impact on the recruitment process by empowering:
- Company credibility: Building a sense of trustworthiness is vital to successful recruitment efforts.
- Brand visibility to prospective employees: Winning workplace culture awards or a spot among Top Workplaces boosts PR on social media, in trade publications, and more, extending your visibility to top talent nationwide.
- Ability to attract better quality candidates: Attracting candidates who are informed about your unique culture and align with your company’s mission equates to better employee retention.