Top Workplaces is different from other employer recognition programs because it’s based solely on employee engagement survey results. In addition to qualifying companies as the nation’s organizations of choice, the employee insights help leaders understand where the culture stands and set a path for future success.
Data-Driven Employee Insights
Employee engagement feedback can help an organization gain a fresh perspective on what is and isn’t working and leverage employee voices to find viable solutions. Rather than guessing where the problem might be or running off assumptions, employee engagement insights provide concrete data that empowers leaders with the confidence to take actionable steps forward.
The benefits of employee survey results are many, including:
- Maintaining connection with employees: Two-way communication is a vital part of building an engaged workforce. When employees feel safe to share their candid feedback, the organization benefits from a healthy dialog that powers positive change.
- Retaining and attracting the right talent: Studies suggest active disengagement costs $450 to $550 billion per year in the U.S. alone. Employee insights help organizations to minimize the unwanted turnover that adversely impacts culture and profitability.
- Increasing employee engagement: When employees are engaged, they give their best each day, they refer the organization to others, and they want to stay with the company. A Gallup Report shows that organizations with highly engaged employees outperform average organizations by 147% in earnings per share.
- Identifying potential trouble spots and areas for improvement: Employee engagement metrics make it possible to see areas for improvement. With this valuable business intelligence in hand, leaders can make people-informed decisions.
- Creating relevant benchmarks: Energage benchmarks are built on the data collected from over 22 million employee engagement surveys at more than 66,000 organizations. Comparing your organization to robust and customized internal and external benchmarks enables you to see how it stands up against the competition.
Asking for employee engagement feedback is the first step toward building better engagement, but how do you turn that feedback into an action plan? Top Workplaces winner, Revzilla, is an example of an organization that uses employee feedback insights to make people-informed decisions.
“One of the reasons why we’ve chosen the Energage Workplace Survey year after year is because of the reporting that’s available,” says Talia Edmundson, Director of Human Resources at Revzilla. “Energage is the one platform that consistently gives me digestible reports that address the right questions. Actionable feedback is critical.”
What to Do With Employee Engagement Survey Results
The real work begins when the employee engagement survey is complete. With insights in hand, you can start taking action toward improvement.
The following steps will ensure you make the most of your workplace culture insights and put them into effective practice.
- Give Thanks
Thank your team for taking part in the survey and sharing honest feedback. Give a general overview of what will happen next.
- Survey Analysis
It’s time to dive deeper into employee survey results and uncover focus areas that have an impact. Break down results by different factors and departments to fully address unique concerns.
- Set Goals and Plan Action
Define a roadmap forward with goals and actions that will show a genuine response to feedback.
- Communicate Results and Next Steps
Share the survey results with employees. Whenever possible, be sure to tie employee feedback to decisions.
- Taking Action
Roll out your workplace culture insights with clear communication and ensure support is in place to address challenges along the way.
- Evaluate Progress
Regular communication with employees will help you evaluate what is – and isn’t – working to achieve your goals. And don’t forget to celebrate progress along the way!
Top Workplaces, like TEAM Schostak, use their employee survey results to inspire employees to build a better workplace. “People saw the success, and they wanted to be a part of it and celebrate, too,” shared HR Business Partner Samantha Green. “By the third or fourth survey, people knew we would continue to ask for feedback from our teams and address any concerns or barriers. It has become part of our culture.”
How Top Workplaces Use Their Employee Survey Results to Improve
Employee survey insights give organizations the ability to make data-driven, people-informed decisions. It’s the difference between navigating the turbulent waters of a competitive market with or without a compass.
Top Workplaces gain the upper hand by utilizing employee results to improve:
- Employee Engagement: Engagement is one of the best ways to boost company performance. Engaged employees are passionate about the work they do and committed to seeing your organization succeed.
- Employee Recruitment & Retention: Gain credibility and greater brand visibility with Top Workplaces to enhance your recruitment efforts. Utilize employee survey results to build a better company culture and, in turn, reduce turnover.
- Business Outcomes: Take confident, data-driven steps to empower performance, build trust, and stand out from your competitors.
Find out more about how employee survey insights can drive your company toward tremendous success. Nominate your organization to participate in Top Workplaces today.