- Top Workplaces
- Oklahoma Health Care Authority
Oklahoma Health Care Authority Overview
Oklahoma’s Medicaid program, known as SoonerCare, is administered by the Oklahoma Health Care Authority. SoonerCare works to improve the health outcomes of Oklahomans by ensuring medically necessary benefits and services are responsive to the health care needs of our members. Qualifying Oklahomans include certain low-income children, seniors, the disabled, those being treated for breast or cervical cancer and those seeking family planning services. Insure Oklahoma assists qualifying adults and small business employees in obtaining health care coverage for themselves and their families. OHCA strives to educate and engage our million members regarding personal responsibilities for their health services utilization, behaviors, and outcomes in partnership with a state-wide network of almost 65,000 providers. For more information, visit www.okhca.org.
Additional Culture Details
- Passion for Purpose
- Passion for purpose breeds dedication, facilitates creative thinking and problem solving, guides our work and supports our culture. Our purpose is to facilitate quality health care services regardless of ability to pay and create opportunities for our members to attain healthy outcomes.
- Empowerment and Accountability
- Each member of the OHCA team is empowered to think creatively, act responsibly, move nimbly and respond compassionately to meet the needs of our members and stakeholders. We follow through on commitments and take responsibility for our decisions, prioritizing member needs, fiscal stewardship and respect for others.
- Trust and Transparency
- Through open dialogue and honest communication in every aspect of our work, we can build an organizational culture where all team members feel informed and equipped for success. We are committed to principles of open government by providing consistent and accurate communication to our members, stakeholders and the public.
- Best in Class and Outcome-driven
- The most admired organizations never settle. They constantly search for the possible in the seemingly impossible. We strive each day to find ideas and solutions that will drive positive health outcomes for Oklahoma.
- Servant Leadership
- The most meaningful way to be successful is through service to others. We strive to help each member of our team achieve personal and professional success. We lead by example for our co-workers, members and stakeholders.