- Top Workplaces
UCare (www.ucare.org) is an independent, nonprofit health plan providing health coverage and services to more than 400,000 members throughout Minnesota and portions of western Wisconsin. UCare partners with health care providers, counties and community organizations to create and deliver:
• Individual and family plans available on MNsure
• Coverage for adults with disabilities
• High-quality Medicare plans
• Income-based Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare coverage
Distinguished by the hardest working people in the industry, the organization’s tagline is “people powered health plans.” UCare employees advocate, de-complicate and always go the extra mile to help our members.
UCare addresses health equity and care access issues through grants and a broad array of community initiatives.
Additional Culture Details
The workplace culture at UCare embraces diversity, cultural competency and member experience. We put the member at the center of all we do, and deploy our people power to de-complicate health care and coverage in communities across Minnesota and parts of Wisconsin.
- UCare works with communities to support our members and give back to communities through UCare grants and employee volunteer efforts.
- UCare seeks to understand the needs of our members, providers, and purchasers over time and to develop programs and services to meet those needs.
- UCare stands on its reputation. We are what we say we are; we do what we say we will do.
- UCare strives to continually improve our products and operations to ensure the highest quality of care for our members. See our quality results.
- UCare respects its members by providing quality care and services that recognize their unique needs. UCare respects its employees by providing a supportive work culture that encourages their development and embraces their diversity.