- Top Workplaces
- The Country Club of Virginia
The Country Club of Virginia
The Country Club of Virginia, which was organized in 1908, has always been one of the largest clubs in the country. Our 7600+ members support 1,111 acres containing two clubhouses situated seven miles apart, 54 holes of golf, 24 tennis courts, five squash courts, three paddle tennis courts, a fitness facility, five pools, multiple dining outlets, special event venues, and more.
CCV was founded in 1908 by a group of area Club presidents who envisioned a large club with excellent amenities to rival those of the Northeast. The Westhampton property was chosen for its sweeping western views of the James River and its proximity to the street car stop. In the 1920's the Club obtained the property at the James River location and built what is today their championship course. The Tuckahoe Creek course was added as a nine-hole facility in the 1960's and was expanded to 18 in 1988. Throughout its history, CCV has honored a commitment to excellence and remains Richmond's premiere social and golf club.
The Country Club of Virginia is a traditional, private membership, family-oriented social club, dedicated to providing its members excellent programs, activities, facilities and services.
Additional Culture Details
CCV employs a staff of approximately 600 and has an operating budget in excess of $30 million. Our motto, "An Evolution to Excellence Through Continuous Improvement," can be seen in everything we do.
- CCV continually strives for excellence in all we do.