- Top Workplaces
- Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Resources Overview
The mission of Texas Health Resources is to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve. Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health systems in the United States. The health system includes 24 acute care, transitional, rehabilitative and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with Texas Health Resources. It includes the Texas Health Presbyterian, Texas Health Arlington Memorial and Texas Health Harris Methodist hospitals, a large physician group, outpatient facilities, and home health, preventive and fitness services, and an organization for medical research and education.
We’re helping our communities navigate their own path to a healthier future by providing them with access to quality medical care, community health outreach programs, philanthropy, and faith and spirituality support.
Additional Culture Details
We’re very proud of how our beloved culture nurtures and fosters a unique, special, and consistently great work experience throughout our large and highly complex organization. Living Our Texas Health Promise is a BIG reason why we score so well in our employee engagement and patient care surveys.
Seismic, fundamental shifts are rocking the healthcare industry. Our entire Texas Health family is united in our Mission to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve. Together, we’re advancing from an episodic, fee-for-service healthcare model to the new world of accountable and value-based healthcare. We’re also on a journey to become a consumer-centric, high-reliability organization (HRO). In our industry, highly reliable care means zero patients are harmed as a result of their interactions with a healthcare system. No medication errors. No overlooked test results. No falls. No infections. And so on.
Healthcare is a high-touch, high-stress business — physically and emotionally. People choose to work in healthcare because they are intrinsically motivated to do so. We’re in this business because we care about people. All people.
In our practice of caring for our patients, their families, and our employees, we recognize the importance of caring for the whole person — body, mind, and spirit. We also recognize that faith means different things to different people. We’re continually exploring new ways to live out our faith-based legacy while honoring the diversity that exists inside Texas Health and outside in the local community.
- Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence
- We define our Values, which we affectionately call RICE, as
• Respect — respecting the dignity of all persons, fostering a corporate culture characterized by teamwork, diversity, and empowerment
• Integrity — conducting our corporate and personal lives with integrity; relationships based on loyalty, fairness, truthfulness, and trustworthiness
• Compassion — having sensitivity to the whole person, reflective of God’s compassion and love, with particular concern for the poor
• Excellence — continuously improving the quality of our service through education, research, competent and innovative people, effective leadership, and responsible stewardship of resources