- Top Workplaces
- Teacher Retirement System of Texas
Teacher Retirement System of Texas Overview
The Teacher Retirement System of Texas is responsible for investing funds under its stewardship and for delivering benefits to members as authorized by the Texas Legislature. TRS is a defined benefit plan, with retirement benefits determined by a pre-established formula. The trust fund is sustained principally by three sources -- contributions by members during their working careers, contributions by the state, and investment revenues.
TRS is the largest public retirement system in Texas in both membership and assets. It is a $153 billion dollar trust and serves more than 1.5 million people.
- Customer Satisfaction
- We focus on our customers, both external and internal, by ensuring that their needs are met and their expectations are exceeded.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- We work together to achieve common goals through a diverse, yet unified team.
- We hold ourselves accountable and take responsibility for our actions, behavior and outcomes.
- We treat each other with respect, fairness and kindness in constant pursuit of a trusting environment.
- We will be truthful and act with honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- We commit to demonstrating excellence in our work and look for ways to continuously improve.
- Employee Fulfillment
- We have a workplace where each employee has a strong sense of purpose, feels good about coming to work and is highly engaged.