- Top Workplaces
- State of Tennessee - Department of General Services
State of Tennessee - Department of General Services Overview
The Department of General Services makes Tennessee State Government work! Literally. For example, state government could not operate without vehicles for state troopers and social workers. The Department of Safety can't issue driver's licenses without the buildings scattered across the state. The Department of Transportation needs us to purchase salt to treat icy roads. Also, the governor relies on our team to document all of his events in photographs. We proudly provide essential operational needs to all Tennessee state government agencies to ensure our citizens receive the care and service they deserve.
- Exhibits care and completeness in delivery of services; provides accurate and consistent work product; performs work in a timely and responsive manner.
- Strives to go beyond what is expected; commits to the department's mission, vision, and goals; cares about teammates and customers.
- Accepts responsibility; demonstrates integrity; shows a commitment to positive results and relationships.
- Performs work with energy and excitement; pursues all goals with diligence to conclusion; perseveres in the face of resistance or setbacks.