- Top Workplaces
- Southern College of Optometry
Southern College of Optometry Overview
Southern College of Optometry is one of only 23 colleges of optometry in the nation and is considered one of the nation's leading optometry schools. Each year, the college admits nearly 140 of the top-qualified optometry students to its post-graduate, professional program. SCO's 7,200 graduates practice optometry in all 50 states and several foreign countries.
- CARING: We are Kind
- Our faculty and staff are compassionate and caring. We serve as role models for our students to the benefit of our patients and community.
- EXCELLENCE: We Strive to do our BEST
- We embrace excellence in all that we do. We are innovative, efficient and good stewards of our resources. We achieve positive results in attracting the best-qualified students and employees and providing top quality patient care to the public.
- INTEGRITY: We Do the Right Thing
- We share an institutional commitment to integrity that allows us to be responsive to the needs of our students, patients, employees, alumni, the profession and our region.
- RESPECT: We Value Everyone
- Each member of the SCO community is critical to our mission. We recognize each other's importance and demonstrate respect for everyone's contributions to our success.
- SERVICE: We Make a Difference
- We perform a valuable public service through providing patient care and educating eye doctors as one of the nations' leading optometry schools.