- Top Workplaces
HighKey is the opposite of lowkey. We’re young, hungry, and ready to take on the better for you space, one competitor at a time. HighKey was created by two entrepreneurs who know that the taste of food is just as important as the nutritional benefit it serves. They aren’t about chalky protein powders and pretending zucchini is a dessert. Our team prides itself on a relaxed, fast-paced environment where everyone is encouraged to speak up, poke holes, and collaborate across departments. As we’ve grown over the past year, we’ve continued to focus on our culture. Holding on to the belief that great ideas can come from t-shirts and jeans and meeting with the CEO isn’t exclusive to the leadership team.
Highkey represents the exact opposite of a low-key life…we want to enable people to live their best life!. It all starts with our food. The best way to help people get carbs and sugar out of their diet is to make the alternative taste as good as the original.
Additional Culture Details
- Be Accountable
- “If it is to be, it is up to me” Accountability means more than just performing the basic functions of a job. It is an honest commitment to make things better, to pursue excellence, and to perform so as to best support our team and further the goals of our organization. Being accountable means owning your actions, your wins, and your mistakes.
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Great isn’t good enough, it’s simply a starting point. Take risks by setting goals for which you may have to stretch yourself to work both harder and smarter to achieve.
- Stay Hungry
- Making food products is just how you pay your tuition. Being growth-minded and hungry extends beyond the job description, to the opportunity of becoming the best version of yourself inside and outside of work. Always look inside yourself to see how you can become better every day. Success starts with you.
- When it comes to Attitude, Choose Positive
- Be mindful. Actively listen. Show respect and appreciation for others, never talk down, and check your ego at the door. An upbeat attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results.
- Embrace Change
- Our business is driven with a startup mentality, and we don’t shy away from change. We are nimble, flexible, open to new ideas and we embrace the fact that change fosters innovation and development which are the precursors to greatness. Many great achievements involve change and working together to overcome challenges, even failures, yet they are an opportunity to grow and learn. Understand that although the waves in the ocean may be strong and deep at times, you are the captain that can help steer the ship.
- Be Open to Collaboration / Teamwork:
- Allow yourself to see opportunity not only in ideas, but in the people who can help you grow those ideas. Leverage the collective genius, communicate openly, welcome constructive criticism, be optimistic, embrace comradery, and revel in the contributions of each team member.