- Top Workplaces
- Harris County Appraisal District
Harris County Appraisal District Overview
The Harris County Appraisal District is a political subdivision of the State of Texas established in 1980 for the purpose of discovering and appraising property for ad valorem tax purposes for each taxing unit within the boundaries of the district. The district has approximately 1.8 million parcels of property to assess each year with a total market value of approximately $588 billion. The appraisal district in Harris County is the largest in Texas, serving approximately 500 taxing units, and one of the largest appraisal districts in the United States.
We serve the citizens of Harris County by accurately and uniformly determining a value for their property while providing easy access to every form of assistance we administer.
Additional Culture Details
- We treat team members, customers, jurisdictions, and other stakeholders with mutual respect and sensitivity, recognizing the importance of diversity. We respect all individuals and value their contributions.
- We accept responsibility for our actions and their effect on those we serve. We make and support business decisions through experience and good judgment.
- First-Class Customer Service
- We are dedicated to improving our customer’s experience with the district by satisfying customer needs and honoring commitments we have made to them.
- We build trusting relationships through open communication and productive teamwork. We promote and support a diverse, yet unified, team. We work together to meet our common goals.
- We commit to the highest ethical standards demonstrating honesty and integrity, not compromising the truth.
- We believe in simplifying and improving our processes continuously. We create and embrace change, readily adapting to new situations and encouraging all to be part of solutions.