- Top Workplaces
- Flagstar Bancorp Inc
Flagstar Bancorp Inc Overview
Flagstar Bank has grown from $8 billion in assets in 2014 to $26.8 billion today. Headquartered in Troy, Michigan, we are a full-service bank with over 4,000 employees and 160 branches across the United States. Chartered in 1987 as a federal savings bank, Flagstar has a unique business model and is the largest savings bank headquartered in Michigan, is the fifth largest bank mortgage originator nationally, and the third largest savings bank in the country. We offer a wide range of products and services for individuals and businesses. From consumer loans and credit cards, to cash management and merchant services, we bring the full resources of a commercial bank to our customers.
Our mortgage division operates nationally through 88 retail locations and a wholesale network of approximately 2,350 third-party mortgage originators. We are also a leading servicer and subservicer of mortgage loans—handling recordkeeping for $225 billion in home loans.
To us, teamwork is a choice that embraces a culture of acceptance and inclusion where everyone has a voice. So we choose to remove the “I” and put our hearts into the “We.”
We believe that banking with us will always be personal, private, and secure.
We formulate financial products and services tailored to make a real difference to our customers and the communities where we all live and work. If we put our name on it, we’re proud of it.
Additional Culture Details
• We hire great people who represent the talents, experiences, backgrounds, and diversity of the communities we serve. We give them the tools to hone their skills and the opportunities to grow and become even better.
• To us, teamwork is a choice that embraces a culture of acceptance and inclusion where everyone has a voice. So we choose to remove the “I” and put our hearts into the “We.”
• We believe that banking with us will always be personal, private, and secure.
• We craft financial products and services tailored to make a real difference to our customers and the communities where we all live and work. If we put our name on it, we’re proud of it.
- The way we communicate with one another and our customers says a lot about Flagstar as a company. We choose to be engaged in our work and committed to helping each other, seeing challenges as inspirations rather than obstacles. We're compelled to do things right the first time—offering the same level of service we expect and appreciate in return.
- We know our customers want substance—not lip service. We're committed to building a culture of mutual respect and transparency where our personal ethics, the caliber of our work, and the integrity we strive to uphold are without compromise.
- It's imperative that we live up to the commitments we make—to our work, to our customers, to each other. When we give our word, we commit ourselves to taking action. Standing behind what we say and do isn't an option; it's a way of life. And we'll always look for ways to improve what's in place today and plan for tomorrow.
- Like any business, the bottom line is important. But we'd rather measure our success by how those numbers are achieved. We can never lose sight of the part we play in our customers' and employees' daily lives, the impact we make in our communities, and the obligations we have to every one of our investors.