- Top Workplaces
- Fisher Investments
Fisher Investments Overview
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don’t come from Wall Street and we’re proud to do things differently than others in the industry. We stand apart and work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. We’ve grown rapidly over the past 40 years and currently maintain four principal business units: Fisher Investments Institutional Group, Fisher Investments Private Client Group, Fisher Investments 401(k) Solutions Group and Fisher Investments International Group, serving over 65,000 high-net-worth individuals and institutions.
Our difference starts with a single-minded focus on doing what’s best for our clients. Service is our calling and our mission. It’s the reason we exist. For us, there is nothing more important than our clients’ peace of mind when it comes to their future. We are proud to offer high-touch client service, global investing expertise, in-house research and thought leadership.
At our core is a need to find a better way. We innovate and continually learn; we explore new possibilities and processes, all so we can deliver more for our clients. This commitment to better has shaped every aspect of our business.
Additional Culture Details
But in the end, it’s not the money that keeps people at Fisher. They stay because this is a place where they can make a difference, develop new skills, and be continually challenged. They want to make a difference in an industry that needs different. And together, we are Driven by Better.
- Be high-minded
- Do right by the client + do no harm + reject entitlement mentality + mean well, do good
- Be unconstrained by conventional wisdom
- Realize opportunities others won’t + do what others haven’t + yet – be a step ahead + take measurable risks + challenge unproductive biases
- Develop human capital
- promote from within wherever possible + promote based on merit, potential, and attitude + build breadth and depth in individuals + reward “will do” and high potential, not “can do” + attract talent actively and collectively
- Be training and knowledge oriented
- train and develop employees + educate + develop capital markets technology
- Control our destiny
- maintain independent ownership + decide decisively + disintermediate + prefer vertical integration + preserve the core + actively maintain our culture
- Demand metric-based accountability
- measure and track results + support a meritocracy + follow appropriate policies, procedures, regulations, and laws
- Be fact driven
- think analytically + test, test, test
- Drive quality through size
- scale unlocks opportunities + test, analyze, improve, increase + think “globally”
- Deliver personal via machine
- be direct (own the customer relationship) + specialize labor + mass personalize + leverage technology
- Focus on long-term maximization
- maximize spread between the value and acquisition cost of revenue + look to public markets for valuation measures