- Top Workplaces
- Credit Acceptance Corporation
Credit Acceptance Corporation Overview
Since being founded in 1972, our approach has been unique to automotive financing – we allow auto dealers to finance any consumer, regardless of credit history. For someone with poor credit history or without a vehicle, often as a result of unfortunate life events, securing reliable transportation can be truly life changing. Our team members take pride in helping our customers obtain vehicles and reestablish their credit. And we take pride in helping our dealers serve these customers and, by doing so, improving the financial health of their business.
Credit Acceptance was founded in 1972, and since then has offered automobile dealers financing programs that enable them to sell vehicles to customers, regardless of their credit history. Our purpose and vision are best communicated through our motto, “We Change Lives!” Our product itself inspires our people. It truly changes lives. For consumers whose lives have been complicated, often because of unfortunate events, the ability to buy a vehicle or rebuild good credit offers hope and a fresh start. For dealers, our product opens the possibility of selling quality vehicles to consumers previously unable to purchase through traditional financing sources, positively impacting the financial success of the dealership. Our team members understand these benefits and value the opportunity to help people in these ways.
Additional Culture Details
We bring our team members closer together through community involvement. Our Community Service Committee provides opportunities for our team members to actively participate in charity events and activities. Each event is sponsored by an enthusiastic Champion, any team member from within our Company who is passionate about a particular charitable organization and wants to lead the fundraising or volunteer activities. This year we provided school supplies, winter apparel, and toys to hundreds of underprivileged children; raised funds toward fighting cancer; and collected thousands of pounds of food for local pantries just to name a few.
We work hard and play hard too at numerous monthly events to give all team members a chance to have fun with one another. We might be contending in the Credit Acceptance Amazing Race, March Madness basketball tournament, corn hole competition, or competing in events such as dance challenges and talent shows. We also get physical in fitness classes such as Yoga, Zumba or Fit Body Boot Camp! Plus our Family Fun Day, Annual Company Birthday Party, Team Member Appreciation Day and Year-end Party are must attend events for all. We even raffle off premier entertainment tickets for team members to enjoy outside of work and with their family members. Party on!
- Team members around the company can be seen inspiring one another each day at Credit Acceptance. Team members and leaders from all levels of the Company demonstrate our PRIDE values listed below and inspire others to accomplish great things together.
PRIDE (Positive, Respectful, Insightful, Direct, Earnest)
Positive – maintain a positive attitude, focus on solutions, promote a friendly collaborative environment
- Respectful – value teamwork and embrace helping others, share credit and appreciate work of others, communicate openly, actively listen
- Insightful – make timely well considered decisions, create innovative solutions, find the root cause of problems, accumulate company, industry and business knowledge
- Direct – communicate in a clear fact-based manner, don’t be afraid of difficult conversations, raise concerns and provide feedback through proper channels
- Earnest – be honest/sincere and match words with actions, work hard and strive to continuously improve, pursue company goals relentlessly