- Top Workplaces
- City Furniture
City Furniture Overview
A Top 100 Furniture Retailer in Furniture Today magazine’s annual national ranking, City Furniture has been an innovator since our founding as Waterbed City in 1971 by Kevin Koenig. Waterbed City started by selling waterbeds that Kevin sold by day and made by hand at night. Waterbed City evolved into City Furniture in 1994 offering a full line of home furnishings. It’s been almost 25 years since the transition and with an incredible team of Associates, we have created a sought after brand. Today, we continue to be recognized as one of the top furniture companies in South Florida, and in the top 30 nationwide. We have grown into Orlando recently, and planning to move into Tampa over the next several years. Our focus on world-class customer service, innovation, being a green-conscious company, promoting-from-within, and challenging, developing, and appreciating our Associates are just a few of the many reasons that City Furniture is an employer of choice!
Additional Culture Details
We will continue to pave the wave for our industry and all businesses to showcase how a company should take care of our associates, customers, community, and environment. Our purpose is “To Enrich People’s Lives And Make the World A Better Place”. This is 1,000% true. Our City Family is much more than just selling furniture. We’re here to change the world. Keep an eye on us.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Continuously developing new technologies and processes to improve our customer’s experience – both in store and on the web.
- Family Spirit
- Conduct numerous work/family events and dinners, department happy hours, recognition programs, etc. We believe a real family breaks bread together and has fun together!
- Mutual Trust & Respect
- We trust and respect our Associates in whatever we do, and listen to their suggestions to improve.
- Hundreds of projects through cross-functional teams where titles mean nothing and only improvement is the focus while having fun along the way!
- Customer Focus
- Improving the buying experience by listening to Customers and maintaining and exceeding 95% Customer Satisfaction!
- Passion and Dedication
- We believe that passion is the driving force that leads to greatness, and dedication is what makes sure we get there.
- Continuous Improvement
- We have completed hundreds of continuous improvement projects, thousands of suggestions have been implemented from our associates (not leaders), A3 problem solving projects, and much more.
- Giving Back
- We are giving back to the environment and the community.