- Top Workplaces
- PlainsCapital Bank
PlainsCapital Bank Overview
At PlainsCapital Bank, we’ve always had a trailblazing spirit. PlainsCapital was founded in 1988 by a group of young bankers who dreamed of bringing relationship banking to their hometown of Lubbock. They raised the capital to acquire Plains National Bank, a Lubbock financial institution with one branch and $198.8 million in assets, and they began to grow the bank one relationship at a time.
Thirty years later, PlainsCapital Bank is the fifth-largest Texas-based bank by deposit market share. We have a statewide presence with more than 60 locations in markets such as Austin, the Coastal Bend, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Lubbock, San Antonio, and the Rio Grande Valley. Our diverse range of services includes commercial banking, treasury management, private banking, and wealth management, as well as consumer banking.
PlainsCapital Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hilltop Holdings.
Additional Culture Details
- We are honest people of character.
- We hold everyone we encounter in the highest regard.
- We have a steadfast desire to be the best, both individually and collectively.
- We move forward in the face of adversity.
- We dress and conduct ourselves as professionals.
- We take ownership of our actions.
- We deliver on our promises with a sense of urgency.
- We do whatever it takes to ensure the success of our stakeholders.
- We strive to make a difference in the lives of others and act with compassion.